Wednesday 11 June 2014

My Favourite Baby-Buys | Fairy's Tales

Today I am: 25 weeks

What a surprise, it's been another hiatus - last week I was on holiday, and whilst the thought of writing a post on my phone was there, the signal was terrible and my phone battery lasted about 3 hours before it needed to be charged!

Today I thought I would share with you some of my most favourite baby buys that we've picked up. As we don't know what we're having obviously all of this is unisex.  It's been a nightmare trying to find unisex clothes, and a lot of the time me and Lee skip to the boys section because you can find a lot of stuff in the baby boy department that really could suit anyone! I'm also not a baby pink fan at all, so even if we found out that we were having a girl I would have stayed clear from that anyway!


First up is my MOST favourite piece we've bought  I don't know why I love this so much but I find myself looking at it all the time, I just can't help it; the little characters are so cute and I really like the black and white monsters - aahh they're the cutest!!


   
Sleeping bag - TK Maxx £12.99





Secondly is this little 2 set from Mothercare - annoyingly I prefer the Daddy suit to the Mummy one but hey, beggars can't be choosers! These photos are true to colour, if you follow the link here the photos do not do it justice at all! I can't remember what size we bought this in, it's either newborn or first size. Different shops call it different things, all I know is that it says up to 10lbs - so we should hopefully get a good wear out of them...although if the baby is anything like me (I was almost 10lb born) we might not get any wear! I still love the colours though. Beautiful



Primark
These bibs are a little bit girly, but I saw the cow print on on a hanger by itself in Primark and I wanted it immediately, unfortunately they came in a pack of three with the black and white leopard print and the pink...whatever that is...tiger I assume? When I was taking photographs of these I took them off their little hanger and it looks like I got a bargain without even realising! The price sticker said £3 but there was a faint red line through it and a solitary 1 next to it...so maybe I got them for a pound? Who knows, it was ages ago and I doubt we still have the receipt for them! We did also buy some of the same bandanna style bibs in stars and stripes with red white a blue, thankfully they won't be worn together so it won't look like we're pledging allegiance to another nation's flag!

Up To Seven

This was a gift from my Mummy, whilst we were on holiday last week we made a trip into Bath (a little tip for if you visit Bath; don't go into town before 10am because nothing will be open) we walked past a lovely little shop with the cutest little knitted strawberry hats in the window, it was closed when we walked past first but we made sure to go back there. It's a little independent shop called Up To Seven, selling handmade and organic clothing. There were some gorgeous pieces in there, and I chose the hat because we've been really struggling to find little hats and then mum treated me to the babygrow too. I love the colours and the pattern in this, it's definitely something a baby of either sex could wear.

3 set - TK Maxx £4.99


 We have a lot of animal and jungle themed items in our stash but we couldn't pass up on this. This was found in the boy section of TK Maxx and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to get it, just for the monkey on the front of one. This is in 6-9 months so we'll have a while until baby can wear it but I couldn't leave it in the shop! I call Lee "Monkey", I don't know why, or even where it came from to be honest but I just do, so we've sort of been calling the baby "Monkey" as well. For £4.99 I thought this was a steal! The other 2 pieces are just plain, with a bright green and then a stripey one, the front one is the only romper with an applique on it.

And last but not least, let's end with a piece for Mummy!
ASOS
 I bought this dress from the maternity range for £17.50 - it's currently only available in a size 8, but they do EXACTLY the same dress in their standard range here and the Curve range here so you've got plenty of choice! I love this dress, it's such a sturdy thick jersey material and it holds it's shape really nicely. I assume there may be a little bit more material in the maternity version of the dress but if you really like it a size up in the "normal" dress would work too!







Bump at 25 weeks
Channelling my inner Marilyn here ;)


Thanks for reading! Speak to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment